Sunday, April 17, 2011

What a great weekend for picking!


Just some of the weekends treasures
on my new shabby shelf. . .


Ooh, how I love to go picking!  No, it's not just garage sale-ing anymore, but picking.  Is that thanks to American Pickers, that great American Trend that turned junk collecting into a socially acceptable way of life?  Oh thank heavens for them, if indeed they are the ones at "fault". . . .

In any case, had fun on Friday with my friend Paula picking at estate sales and at the local thrift store that some call "The Boutique" (although I still just call it the D.I.).  Then headed down south to my friend Jennifer's neighbor, Brandon, who always has amazing stuff, for a little picking through his sTuFt garage, which yielded an amazing shabby shelf, some aprons, Pyrex, lovely little watercolors, a charming peachish/coralish light cover that my friend can use at her friend's outdoor wedding, a few linens, a pair of awesome 50's pink lampshades, and some of my beloved enamel. 



Then this morning my sweetheart and I hit the D.I. close to opening time and hit the jackpot - two carts full of treasures to bring to flea.o.logy in a few weeks and to Treasures next week!  Books, retro kitchen goodies, an old chair, quilting magazines, a vintage paper cutter (although that's for me to keep, sorry fellow collectors!), odds, ends, and some useful string. . . yup, friends, I even collect string.  Hmm, can you figure why my therapist might see this as a problem behavior?. . .
Aren't these lovely treasures? 
I wonder what next week's pickin' will bring. . . .

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some good stuff Cathie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and she hits paydirt once again!! Good for you Cathie! Amazing! BTW I totally agree with the 'being glad that what I have always loved' has taken on some glam ...

    ReplyDelete