Monday, April 9, 2012

"Earth laughs in flowers. . . "

Ralph Waldo Emerson said that.  And I used it in a book of flower photographs that my dad took.  It was a hobby of his, taking photographs of flowers.  My mom has his photos all over her house, literally.  And in a few photo albums, along with quotes about flowers.  He truly loved flowers, and recording them on film.

I love them, too.  They are among God's most perfect creations.  Have you ever explored a flower ultra-close up?  Their organic shapes are something to behold.  Simply beautiful.  And perfect.

 


So when Paula and Jenn and I went to the Southern California Flower Market a few weeks ago while on a buying trip in Los Angeles, I was photographing while they were shopping.  And oooh, it was delicious. 


 


Hope you like this garden of visual delight. . . .
























































1 comment: